Traditional Tomato Bruschetta
This recipe was created by one of our team members and has been in the Lipman family for generations. Since it includes only tomatoes and seasoning, it’s the perfect base for a more complex bruschetta. Consider adding onions, olives, or capers.
- Crusty baguette
- 2 cups assorted chopped tomatoes (Vintage Ripes and cherry tomatoes work well)
- Fresh basil, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Cut the baguette into thin slices and place on a baking sheet to toast.
- Finely chop tomatoes to resemble a salsa and add thin strips of basil.
- Toss the tomato mixture with olive oil and balsamic vinegar; season to taste.
- Gently heat the mixture on the stovetop.
- Spoon mixture onto each slice of bread, being sure to include the liquid.
- For extra crunch, top each slice with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and place under the broiler for two minutes (or until cheese is melted).